Blogging is one of the most enjoyable activities that you can ever do. It enhances your writing skills and it allows you to share stories and ideas to different types of people. It also allows you to establish yourself as an industry expert and build a strong network. It also allows you to express yourself – your ideas, opinion, and dreams. But, in the vast sea of blogs online, how do you make your blog stand out?
- Make your blog content unforgettable.
According to seoexplode.com, “The attention span of the average customer online in this day and age is very little and while they may watch your video online and enjoy it, they may forget about it a few minutes later.” This is the reason why it is necessary to create a unique and unforgettable blog content. You can accomplish this by following these tips:
- Write about your passion. When you’re writing about something that you’re truly passionate about, your ideas will just flow so it’s easier for you to create a unique content.
- Improve other people’s ideas. Ideation is one of the best techniques that you can use to create unique content. You can take ideas from other blogs and then build it off and add personal stories and anecdotes.
- Get your blog fans involved. User-generated content helps increase your blog traffic and site engagement. It also gives you a better understanding of your audience and it gives your users a unique and unforgettable experience.
- Be an unconventional thinker. Most of the unique and frequently visited sites contain blog posts that oppose the majority opinion. So, if you want your blog to stand out, you must discuss unconventional ideas and write from a perspective that is not in line with everyone else’s.
Creating a unique content is one of the surest ways to catch and retain the attention of your blog readers.
- Be clear about your blog’s purpose.
Before you start your blog, you must be clear about your blog’s purpose. Do you want to blog because you want to earn more money or do you simply want to express your ideas? When you’re clear about your blog’s purpose, it will have a great sense of direction and it will make you seem like you really know what you’re doing. It allows you to write blog posts with conviction.
- Build a posting structure.
Blogging takes a lot of time and effort. So, it is important to create a posting schedule and structure. This will increase your efficiency and allows you to spend time on other things.
- Hire an SEO firm.
To increase the traffic and online presence of your blog, it is best to hire an SEO firm.
- Limit your word count.
Blog readers are impatient and restless. They do not have the time to read a 5000-word blog post. So, it is a good idea to write a blog content that is at least three hundred words but not more than one thousand words.
- Do not obsess about your visitor stats too early.
It takes months to build a popular and reputable blog so don’t get discouraged if you have only a few visitors during the first few weeks. Obsessing about your daily numbers is a complete waste of time. It is best to focus on your blog output instead.
- Make sure that your articles are easy to share.
One of the most effective ways to increase your blog traffic is to get your friends and fans to share your posts on social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. You can use a WordPress plug in to make it easy for your readers to share your posts on social media.
- Be honest.
Trust is something that is hard to earn but easy to lose. So, it is important that you write nothing but the truth in your blog. Do not mislead, cajole, or lie.
- Be awesome!
The only way that you can get people to read your blog is to do something outstanding. You have to be the best at what you do. If you want to be the top fashion blogger, you must invest in your clothes and the way you look. To be a popular new age or a self-help writer, you must get your life in order.
There’s enough mediocrity in the world. If you want people to listen to what you have to say, you must be awesome!